- This brings us to the closing part of this talk—and to the title of this discussion: “Ìmọ tara ẹni.” I intentionally and purposely translated it as Self-Consciousness. It is different from Ìmọ tara ẹni nìkan, which means “Selfishness.” Ìmọ tara ẹni may also be regarded/ as Creative Selfishness.
- Stereotypes, somehow they rule the way we think, feel and see the world. Nigeria is a land of diversity; boasting of over 500 native languages and 250-300 ethnic groups, each one unique with their own local delicacies and way of life; from the Yoruba in the west, the Igbo in the East, the Southerners and ...
- The facial marks are one of the tribal marks a part of the Yoruba culture usually inscribed on the face by burning or cutting of the skin during childhood. The primary function of the tribal marks is for identification of a person's tribe, family or patrilineal heritage.
- The term Iwofa has no equivalent in English. It denotes one who serves another periodically in lieu of the interest on money lent. In short, it is one in service for interest. It has also been compared to slavery by those ignorant of the legal conditions ruling the system; but an Iwofa is a free ...
- Eda Onile Ola is indisputably a fulfilled man that has successfully instilled greatness in his first son, Dele Paimo. Unknown to many, Dele Paimo is a sublimely gifted international gospel singer. His voice is beautiful and sonorous, sounds like sun birds and bees. It’s rare to find a male with soprano like his own.
- There is a thin line between Ifa Corpus and Coding, programmers are copycats of Babaláwos. Programmers write instructions/command (incantations) on Computers(Iyere-osun [powder from camwood]).. Programmers write code to give instructions, Babaláwos recite odu ifa to give instructions.
- Chief Lere Paimo MFR (Eda Onile Ola) is one of the most modern dramatists, theatre arts performer, film maker, dancer and singer from Ogbomoso who has distinguished himself on stage for the last 60years.
- Generically, the Yoruba refer to alcoholic beverages as “Oti” long before we were colonized. Our indigenous alcoholic beverages (Oti) has become roadside drink; tagged illicit. We could have upgrade it to compete among well known drinks in the world.
- SHARE THIS POST:THE SUPERIORITY OF AFRICAN PHILOSOPHICAL CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK OVER WESTERN PHILOSOPHY. By Awo Ayo Ogedengbe Hypothesis : Yoruba (Ifẹ̀/Ọ̀yọ́) Country of West Africa practiced both religious and political philosophy that was superior to what was obtainable in Europe and America. (As far back as 15th century) Facts and supporting thoughts : In the America’s ...