- SHARE THIS POST:LATE CHIEF (DR.) DAVID ADEBAYO AMAO ALATA, THE FIRST MODERN OGBOMOSO INDIGENOUS ENTREPRENEUR AND A WORLD-CLASS INDUSTRIALIST Late Chief (Dr) David Amao Alata was a successful businessman and pioneer of manufacturing industries in Ogbomoso whose conglomerate employed over 10,000 workers and agents between the 1970s and 1990s across Nigeria and Ghana. He was ...
- Akínwándé Olúwo̩lé Babátúndé S̩óyíinka was born on 13 July 1934. A descendant of a Remo family of Isara-Remo, Wole Soyinka was born the second of six children, in the city of Abẹokuta, Ogun State, in Nigeria, at that time a British dominion.
- Eda Onile Ola is indisputably a fulfilled man that has successfully instilled greatness in his first son, Dele Paimo. Unknown to many, Dele Paimo is a sublimely gifted international gospel singer. His voice is beautiful and sonorous, sounds like sun birds and bees. It’s rare to find a male with soprano like his own.
- Chief Lere Paimo MFR (Eda Onile Ola) is one of the most modern dramatists, theatre arts performer, film maker, dancer and singer from Ogbomoso who has distinguished himself on stage for the last 60years.
- Professor N.D Oyerinde was the first Ògbómòsó man to be educated and rose to become the first professor in Nigeria, perhaps also among the earliest educationalists in Black Africa to have a Ph.D and become a professor.
- Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola,GCFR (24 August 1937 – 7 July 1998) was a Nigerian Yoruba businessman, publisher, politician and aristocrat of the Yoruba Egba clan, he was the Aare Ona Kankafo of the Yoruba land. MKO Abiola ran for the presidency in 1993, for which the election results were annulled by the preceding military ...
- Although Africa is regarded as the poorest continent in the world, yet we can’t but identify numerous business magnates and self-made richest billionaires who rose against all odds and imprint their footsteps on sands of time. The list of African richest people below and how they have amassed great wealth in a continent regarded as ...
THE MAN, (SIR) CHIEF (HON.) LAWYER, SAMUEL LADOKE AKINTOLA (GCON) THE LAST PREMIER OF WESTERN REGION AND THE 13TH AARE ONA KAKANFO OF YORUBALANDChief Samuel Ládòkè Akíntọ́lá, otherwise known as SLA was born in Ogbomosho. Samuel Ladoke Akintola was a Nigerian politician, lawyer, aristocrat and the last premier of the Western Region. He was also the 13th Aare Ona Kakanfo (generalissimo) of Yorubaland
- His Royal Majesty Oba Jimoh Oladunni Oyewumi Ajagungbade III JP,CON, Soun of ogbomosoland was born on May 27, 1926- a month after the birth of another monarch, Queen Elizabeth II of England.