- Nigerian Rice and Beans Jollof is a meal that is prepared by combining rice and beans together in Jollof style. This is a favourite way of enjoying the richness of both foods. You can choose to prepare it plain or as Jollof. For those who find it less appealing, eating cooked beans alone. But the ...
- Pineapple Fried Rice – a super easy fried rice meal with chunks of pineapple for that tropical flavour and shrimps for added protein. It’s super quick and easy too! The addition of pineapple brings that little bit of sunshine to whole tropical vibes. That sweet tangy flavour just fits perfectly everywhere.
- Tuwo Shinkafa is a Nigerian dish which originates from the north of Nigeria, popular among the Hausa. It is a thick pudding typically prepared using a non-parboiled white rice. It can also be prepared using rice flour, but this recipe shows the traditional method of using rice.
- Moi moi or Moin-Moin is a Nigerian steamed bean pudding made from a mixture of washed and peeled black-eyed peas, onions and fresh ground red peppers. It is a protein-rich food that is a staple in Nigeria. In Ghana, it is commonly known as 'Alele' or "Olele'.
- SHARE THIS POST:A RECIPE FOR YAM PANCAKES WRITTEN BY GBEMISOLA AKINLOYE Welcome! You are on your path to discovering how to prepare a mouth-licking, palatable recipe… You can and will prepare a sensational Yam Pancakes conveniently. INGREDIENTS Yam Flour Grounded pepper Egg Oil for greasing DIRECTIONS Peel and grate the yam. Soak for about 20 ...
- SHARE THIS POST:A RECIPE FOR NATIVE RICE WRITTEN BY GBEMISOLA AKINLOYE Welcome! You are on your path to discovering how to prepare a mouth-licking, palatable recipe… You can and will prepare a sensational Native Rice conveniently. INGREDIENTS Palm oil Rice Onions Tomatoes Blended pepper Locust beans Smoked fish Vegetable (pumpkin or spinach, optional tho) DIRECTIONS ...
- SHARE THIS POST: Nigerian Peppered Gizzards is the ”Nigerian-style stewed gizzards”. It is popularly known as a ”small chop” (finger food) and served as an appetizer at parties and other festive events. It is also a big favorite in most homes; usually served on skewers and enjoyed as a dish by itself or ...
- SHARE THIS POST:Fonio looks like the next cereal that will take the food scene by storm. A visit to Jos, Plateau state and you might fall in love with Fonio also called Acha locally. With its great nutritional qualities and short cooking time, Fonio (Acha) is a cereal that should be featured more regularly in ...
MY WOVEN WORDS
- How To
- Self Development