OSCA TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The 2018 OSCA WOVEN WORDS COMPETITION is organized by My Woven Words and it is strictly for undergraduates of tertiary institutions in Osun State. The following rules will apply to the entry and judging of all submitted manuscripts. If you have any questions, please re-read the rules, then, if necessary, contact us for clarification.
According to National Population Commission (NPC July 2017), Nigeria is said to be one of the countries with the highest percentage of youth in the world. About 50% of the total population of Nigeria are able-bodied youths. Most of these youths are intellectually sound, burning with passion and full of bright ideas that can soar Nigeria up-skies, but they incessantly fail and subsequently, most of them give up out of frustration. Youths are the future of this country, which is why we want students from all tertiary institutions in Osun state, Nigeria to write on; “The Tenacity of Nigerian Youths in national Development and Leadership Roles”.
- Right to change: My Woven Words reserves the right to modify, change, add, or delete competition rules, prizes, and dates as necessary without notice to entrants or non-entrants.
- Participation: Participation in the competition constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules and the decisions of the blog in regard to all aspects of the competition. Winning a prize is contingent upon compliance with these official rules and any changes made to them, and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Copyright Certification: By submitting a manuscript, and/or other requested materials to the competition, the participant author certifies as follows:
- All rights and use of submitted work remain the property of the author and/or legal owner; however, by submitting an entry the author hereby grants My Woven Words unrestricted permission to use the author’s name, title, manuscript, and other submitted or collected content for use in promoting My Woven Words and its winners. The author further grants My Woven Words the right to publish any submitted or collected content on its blog, Facebook page, Instagram page, Twitter pages and across all its platforms in promotional announcements in any media, press releases, and as conference material without remuneration or payment to the author or any associated parties.
- The author represents or warrants their submitted material to be original, and that they have not used material owned, licensed by others, or copyrighted work of another individual or entity. The author further certifies that their submitted work does not infringe upon or violate the legal rights of another, and the author agrees fully with My Woven Words for any damages that may arise from the author’s infringement or violation of others’ rights. The Society reserves the right to immediately disqualify, without reimbursement of fees, any work determined to be in violation of law.
- The OSCA Woven Words Competition is open to all undergraduates of tertiary institutions in Osun state Nigeria between September 24 and December 21, 2018 (Please note we have the right to change dates).
- Mode of entry: entry is online via mywovenwords.com/osca
- A form fee of #1000 will be charged at the point of registration.
- You must use a valid email address; all communication will be via email.
- After paying your form fee, a link will be sent to your email which you will click to submit your manuscript.
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
- You must be an undergraduate student of a tertiary institution in Osun State; See list on the next page.
- We don’t want to limit any contestant, which is why the write up could be any form of write up (poem, article, short story, essay, etc.).
- The use of vulgar/offensive language is prohibited.
- It must not be more than 500 words.
- It must be typed using Calibri theme font and 14 font size.
- Write up must be original and unaided.
- The competition is subject to federal, state, and local, My Woven Words laws and regulations.
RECEIVING PRIZES: My Woven Words will present all cash prizes in Bowen University, Iwo. Winners must be present. Date and venue is subject to change as determined by My Woven Words.
DISCLAIMER: Each contestant of OSCA Woven Words Competition is solely responsible for what he/she writes.
DISPUTES: The contestant hereby agrees that any and all disputes, potential claims, and/or causes of action arising out of or connected with the OSCA Woven Words Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved amicably between the contestants and My Woven Words. The contestant further agrees that, in the event of a dispute of any kind, he or she SHALL NOT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF LEGAL ACTION, INCLUDING PETITIONING A COURT OR ARBITRATOR FOR REDRESS. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, contestants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of My Woven Words, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the decisions of My Woven Words.
BELOW ARE LISTS OF ELIGIBLE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Osun State University, Oshogbo
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Adeleke University, Ede
- Redeemers University, Ede
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji
- Oduduwa University, Ipetu Modu
- Kings University, Odeomu
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH); a state university jointly owned by Oyo and Osun State
- Osun State Polytechnic, Egbedore,
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Wolex Polytechnic, Iwo
- Federal Polytechnic, Ejigbo
- Livingspring Polytechnic, Igbona, Olorunda,
- The Polytechnic Ile Ife
- Osun State Polytechnic Iree School of Part Time Studies, Iree,
- Osun State Polytechnic, Ifelodun, Osun
- Osun State Cooperative College, Ode-Omu,
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
- Osun State college of Education, Ilesa
- College of Education, Ila-Orangun
My Woven Words (07036065752)
15th of August 2018•