- Eda Onile Ola is indisputably a fulfilled man that has successfully instilled greatness in his first son, Dele Paimo. Unknown to many, Dele Paimo is a sublimely gifted international gospel singer. His voice is beautiful and sonorous, sounds like sun birds and bees. It’s rare to find a male with soprano like his own.
- There is a thin line between Ifa Corpus and Coding, programmers are copycats of Babaláwos. Programmers write instructions/command (incantations) on Computers(Iyere-osun [powder from camwood]).. Programmers write code to give instructions, Babaláwos recite odu ifa to give instructions.
- Chief Lere Paimo MFR (Eda Onile Ola) is one of the most modern dramatists, theatre arts performer, film maker, dancer and singer from Ogbomoso who has distinguished himself on stage for the last 60years.
- Generically, the Yoruba refer to alcoholic beverages as “Oti” long before we were colonized. Our indigenous alcoholic beverages (Oti) has become roadside drink; tagged illicit. We could have upgrade it to compete among well known drinks in the world.
- SHARE THIS POST:THE SUPERIORITY OF AFRICAN PHILOSOPHICAL CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK OVER WESTERN PHILOSOPHY. By Awo Ayo Ogedengbe Hypothesis : Yoruba (Ifẹ̀/Ọ̀yọ́) Country of West Africa practiced both religious and political philosophy that was superior to what was obtainable in Europe and America. (As far back as 15th century) Facts and supporting thoughts : In the America’s ...
- SHARE THIS POST:THE ORIGIN OF YORÙBÁ’S “GUDU GUDU MEJE AT YA YA MEFA” Some Ibadan Chiefs went to a meeting with an Oyinbo District Officer. In the course of the meeting, the Oyinbo man was so happy with what the Ibadan Chiefs had to report via an interpreter and he kept saying good good ...
- SHARE THIS POST: Oba Samuel Afolabi, the onilua of ilua was said to have passed on in the early hours of Saturday, 23rd of May, 2020 after a brief illness, related to old age. Here are 9 things you should know about Oba Samuel Afolabi, the late Onilua of Ilua who lived 141 years: Oba Samuel Afolabi, ...
- SHARE THIS POST: Did you know that the concept of Yoruba nollywood movies showing that Babalawo foresee through walls, clothes or even pot is wrong? Read through to know the truth. It is rare to watch yoruba movies especially village movies and not see a Babalawo. Ifa is an integral part of Yoruba culture, hence ...
- SHARE THIS POST: A LIST OF OBAS (KINGS) TRADITIONAL TITLES IN YORUBALAND In Yoruba land, the Oba is an unquestionable monarch. He is not primus inter parels (first among equals), he is revered and widely known as being second only to the gods- “Igbakeji Orisa”. Below is a list of Obas (kings) Traditional titles in Yorubaland ...
MY WOVEN WORDS
- How To
- Self Development