LEARNING FROM OTHERS IN YOUR MARKETPLACE
All successful business owners have been through a learning curve to enable them to get to where they are now. You may be just about to start that journey. There are many sources of learning for you if you know where to look and are prepared to go out there and ask for the information you need.
WHO CAN YOU LEARN FROM?
Depending on what you want to know the sources are endless.
Find a number of potential role models, people who are currently doing exactly what you want to do and doing it well. If you want to get a book publishing opportunity, ask a number of published authors about their experiences and how they went about getting a book deal. Do the same for other information products that you wish to produce. Model the best.
Read books about the ‘real story’ behind businesses that have achieved phenomenal success in the marketplace. Most you will find started from humble beginnings. Read about Dangote, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
Do you know any entrepreneurs? They make their ideas happen. Most entrepreneurs you will find have had a number of failed experiences before their big break took place.
Marketers and specialists
What about successful marketers who will also have plenty to share? These are specialists in the particular areas of expertise that you know you need to make your business a success.
Other business owners
Somewhere in the country, there will be other businesses just like yours which are successful. They may be willing to share their secrets with you as long as they see that you are not a competitor. Many people like to help.
There are marketing ideas around you everywhere you go. Notice what has an impact on you. Maximize the social media space and stay ostentatious; Morrebs ICT can help you get started with this.
WHAT CAN YOU LEARN?
You will need to be clear about what it is that you need to learn before you embark on your quest. Here are some suggestions.
• Systems and methods.
• Problems that you might come up against and how others found a way through.
• Marketing ideas.
• Typical mistakes to avoid.
• Suppliers of services you need to make your business a success.
WHY IS LEARNING IMPORTANT?
Why reinvent the wheel? If what you want to do is currently being done successfully somewhere then it can save you enormous amounts of time, energy, and resources if you can find out where and learn from the person who did it. It can take a long time to work it out for yourself.
There is so much information available and so many ideas that you can benefit from that you don’t need to feel alone with the thoughts in your own head and a blank piece of paper.
Be careful to choose the right sources and people to speak to. Some people may put you off with too many negative experiences. You need to be selective about what you take on board and what you let go of.
WHAT CAN HELP YOU TO LEARN?
To start, accept that it is okay not to know all the answers. An open, inquisitive mind is the best place to start from. It is useful to have a structure for your quest. Know what you want to find out. You also need a plan to do something with the information as you get it. Remember “what you don’t use you lose”.
LEARNING FROM OTHERS IN YOUR MARKETPLACE
• Write a list of all the things you want to know.
• Write down some questions you want answers to.
• Decide how you are going to find this information.
• Find out who are the best people to speak to.
• Who do you know who could help brainstorm?
• Decide on the best sources of the information you need.
• Make a plan.
• Decide how you are going to keep a record of it.
QUESTIONS FOR YOUR ROLE MODELS AND SIMILAR SUCCESSFUL AND RESPECTED BUSINESSES
• Looking back at your success what was the most important thing you did?
• What were the biggest challenges you faced?
• How did you overcome these challenges?
• How did you build a successful marketing system?
• What is most important to set up initially?
• What works best for you?
• Looking back, knowing what you know now, what would you pay most attention to?
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION
It is important to take what learning you need from your role models and do something with it as soon as you can. Take other people’s ideas and make them your own. Use their experience to stimulate ideas for your own business. Make it a goal to practice life-long learning.
Think role model and learn from what already works
Follow us on Facebook
Copyright © 2020 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law.
You May Also Like
- BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP
- ALL ABOUT A TRIBE IN NAMIBIA; WHERE THEY OFFER SEX TO GUESTS
- UGANDAN BANYANKOLE TRIBE; WHERE BRIDE’S AUNT TEST-RUN GROOM’S POTENCY
- BIOGRAPHY OF (SIR) CHIEF (HON.) LAWYER, SAMUEL LADOKE AKINTOLA (GCON)
- UNTOLD FACTS AND THE ORIGIN OF THE “ARE ONA KAKANFO” TITLE
- PROFESSOR (CHIEF) HON. NATHANIEL DUROJAYE (N.D) OYERINDE (OBE): THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR
- THE MYSTERIOUS AND MYTHICAL SOGIDI LAKE IN AWE, OYO STATE
- THE FEARLESS AND GALLANT AMAZONS OF DAHOMEY
- AJE OLOKUN – THE DEITY OF WEALTH AND MARKET PROFITABILITY