SEEING YOUR BUSINESS THROUGH THE CUSTOMER’S EYES
If you want to influence your customers you have to understand and relate with them. When you see through your customers’ eyes you experience the world from a different perspective. Imagine you have taken your customers’ glasses and you are looking at your business through those lenses.
What do you see?
Do you suddenly see it all differently? You should. Many business owners find this exercise extremely difficult to do. Be careful that you don’t get so close to your own business by running it day-to-day that you stop being able to see things from your customers’ point of view.
Why this is important
It is important to switch perspectives from time to time. Making decisions about shop layout, website design, customer communication processes and more becomes a lot easier when you are able to imagine yourself as the customer.
You will avoid the classic pitfalls that many people make when they make elements of their service over-complicated and confusing.
Most people these days want things simply, quickly, and easily. If it is complicated, slow, or difficult your potential customers will go somewhere else. This is especially true of the internet age which has brought with its choice and speed. Very few have the patience to wait.
Your challenge: Your challenge will be to spend the time taking a look at your business through your customers’ eyes and maintain this perspective for long enough to gain some valuable insights.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO? – SPECIAL RESPONSE CHECKLIST
- Take some time out and close your eyes.
- Think about one of your typical customers.
- Describe that person to yourself: What are they like? How old are they? What typically do they do each day? What is important to them? What are they looking for when they consider buying x?
- Now imagine yourself as this person coming along to your business or finding you on the internet: What do you see? What is your first impression? What do you feel?
- Checkout every individual aspect of your business from this perspective. You can enter your website as a customer, you can use your service as a customer, you can pretend to have a complaint as a customer. You can look at how you advertise – any number of things. Look at what goes on in your business through your customers’ eyes.
- Note down the things that you see.
- Try seeing through the eyes of a number of different types of customers.
- Notice what is different and what is similar.
Your challenge will be to become self-aware and find a useful way of making your customers aware too. Your challenge may also be to see the value in yourself and what you have to offer. Many of us are conditioned not to blow our own trumpet and to be modest about those things we are good at.
That is fine, but you must not ignore the things that your customers would value and have a right to know about. Your customers and prospects want the best. They want someone whom they can trust to provide top-quality expertise and deliver with skill. If that person is you, then you are duty-bound to tell them.
SELF AWARENESS – SPECIAL RESPONSE CHECKLIST
- What do you think your main strengths are?
- How do these strengths impact your business?
- What are your key skills?
- How have you developed these skills?
- What kinds of experiences have enabled you to gain this expertise?
- How essential are these skills to the service you are able to offer your customers?
- Which of your skills is valued most by your customers?
- What parts of your personal history have had an impact on the strengths and skills you are now able to demonstrate?
- What kind of training and education have you had?
- What resources do you have access to as a result of your experiences?
- What is your special story?
How to use this information
Going through the special response questions may make you see the true value you bring to the table. Once your eyes are opened to your own brilliance you may find yourself feeling more confident and more self-assured about your products, services and brand.
It is empowering to feel that as a result of all your hard work and effort developing skills, strengths, and resources that you are really worth something.
Think personal strength and sell “you”
Copyright © 2021 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law.
For permission requests, contact the admin on firstname.lastname@example.org, or WhatsApp/Text him on +2347036065752
You May Also Like
- UNTOLD FACTS AND THE ORIGIN OF THE “ARE ONA KAKANFO” TITLE
- BIOGRAPHY OF (SIR) CHIEF (HON.) LAWYER, SAMUEL LADOKE AKINTOLA (GCON)
- THE FEARLESS AND GALLANT AMAZONS OF DAHOMEY
- ALL ABOUT A TRIBE IN NAMIBIA; WHERE THEY OFFER SEX TO GUESTS
- THE MYSTERIOUS AND MYTHICAL SOGIDI LAKE IN AWE, OYO STATE
- AJE OLOKUN – THE DEITY OF WEALTH AND MARKET PROFITABILITY
- BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP
- PROFESSOR (CHIEF) HON. NATHANIEL DUROJAYE (N.D) OYERINDE (OBE): THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR
- UGANDAN BANYANKOLE TRIBE; WHERE BRIDE’S AUNT TEST-RUN GROOM’S POTENCY