A RECIPE FOR RICE AND BEANS JOLLOF | WOVEN RECIPES
A RECIPE FOR RICE AND BEANS JOLLOF
Nigerian Rice and Beans Jollof is a meal that is prepared by combining rice and beans together in Jollof style. This is a favourite way of enjoying the richness of both foods. You can choose to prepare it plain or as Jollof. For those who find it less appealing, eating cooked beans alone. But the combination of these two meals will surely delight your taste buds.
Here’s an easy recipe for you from Woven Recipes
- 2 cups long-grain parboiled rice
- 1 cup beans
- Tomato Stew
- Chicken or Fish
- Pepper and salt (to taste)
- 2 medium onions
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
BEFORE COOKING THE JOLLOF RICE AND BEANS:
- Wash and soak the beans for about 5 hours. Discard the water and rinse the beans.
- Put the beans in a pot, pour some water and set to boil.
- Once the beans start boiling, turn off the heat, throw away the water and wash again. These steps will help minimize indigestion associated with beans for most people.
- Prepare the tomato stew.
- Parboil the rice
- Cook the chicken till tender with the chopped onions, thyme and stock cubes. If you will rather use fish, boil the fish for 5 minutes using the same amount of seasoning.
- Fry or grill the chicken or the fish and set aside.
- Step 1: Cook the beans till tender and set aside.
- Step 2: Pour the chicken/fish stock into a pot big enough to accommodate the rice and beans, bearing in mind that the rice will raise some more.
- Step 3: Add the tomato stew, the parboiled rice and the cooked beans. Check that the water level is just less than the level of the rice and beans.
- Step 4: Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Step 5: Stir, cover the pot and cook at low to medium heat till the water is dry. Serve with the fried chicken or fish and Fried Plantain
Copyright © 2020 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, contact the admin on email@example.com, or WhatsApp/Text him on +2347036065752