A RECIPE FOR PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
Pineapple Fried Rice – a super easy fried rice meal with chunks of pineapple for that tropical flavour and shrimps for added protein. It’s super quick and easy too! The addition of pineapple brings that little bit of sunshine to whole tropical vibes. That sweet tangy flavour just fits perfectly everywhere.
- 2 cups Rice
- 4 pieces Beef sausages (cut in rings)
- 1/2 cup Pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 cup Sweet Corn
- 1 medium size Green Pepper (diced)
- 1 large Tatashe (deseeded and diced)
- I table spoon chopped fresh Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3/4 cup Olive oil or suitable vegetable oil
- 21/2 cups of chicken stock
- Chicken seasoning cubes to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon white Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Step 1: Wash the rice and drain out the water
- Step 2: Heat 1/2 cup of oil, fry 3/4 of the onion, teaspoon white pepper and 2 cubes chicken seasoning till translucent, pour in the rice and fry, stirring frequently, to prevent rice burning.
- Step 3: Fry for about 10 minutes until you start to hear a crackling noise.
- Step 4: Slowly add chicken stock to the rice correct salt and seasoning and leave to cook on low heat until soft but not mushy
- Step 5: In a frying pan, heat up the remaining oil and fry all the other ingredients starting from the onion, garlic, ginger, tatashe, sausage, green peas, and pineapple.
- Step 6: Season the veggie and sausage mixture with a little salt and seasoning cubes if desired.
- Step 7: Pour this mixture into the rice when cooked and stir to mix
- Step 8: Turn off the heat and add the green pepper and stir to mix.
Copyright © 2020 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law.