TAGLINE: A SHORT PHRASE THAT CAPTURES THE MIND OF YOUR CUSTOMERS AND CLIENTS
WRITTEN BY ADEGBOYE OMOTAYO THEOPHILUS
Tagline is a short phrase that captures and project the value you offer to your customers. It is a part of your brand identity which highlight your company mission, vision, and purpose in the mind of your customers and clients. It also communicate the company’s brand personality and positioning which is use to distinguish the company from it competitors.
Example of tagline are:
Nike – “Just Do it”
Apple – “Think Different”
L’Oreal – “Because you’re worth it”
KFC – “It’s finger lickin’ good”
Coca-Cola – “Open Happiness”
Dunkin’ Donuts – “America runs on Dunkin’”
McDonald’s – “I’m lovin’ it”
My Woven Words – “We only write what is right”
So for you to create a tagline for your brand there are some important things you need to take note. Those importance are listed and explain below;
1. KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE: As a business owner, one of the things you must take into consideration when creating your brand tagline is simplicity, your brand tagline must be very simple, short, memorable and understandable. It must be a set of short phrases that will capture the mind of the customers and clients. The phrase must be able to pass emotions that will make them to always remember and purchase your product or services everytime.
2. VALUE COMMUNICATION: A lot of businesses often make mistake when creating their brand tagline, instead for them to create a tagline that will communicate and pass their company essence value about their product and services to the customers, They make taglines for themselves instead of the business. A business owner should note that the tagline is not meant for you, but for your customers and clients so as to draw their attention. It is always developed to tell customer about what your company do, not about yourself. Self is different from your company according to Entity concept.
3. TAGLINE COMPLEMENT: Complement and match is very important you must ensure that your tagline go along side with your brand name, core value, culture etc. In such a way that if anybody come across your logo only or just your tagline they we be able to recognize your brand without stress. Another point is that, your tagline must complement your brand name in a way it will be able to interpret what your business do, their purpose, mission, vision.
4. BRAND TRIGGERS: It serves as a trigger to push customers and clients to purchase your product and service more and more because of the value you have communicated to them about your company through your tagline, company name and all other branding strategies.
5. BE AWARE OF YOUR AUDIENCE: Awareness of Audience must be seriously taken into consideration before you create your tagline, because it is them your are creating the tagline for in order to create awareness about the value you offer and the benefit to derive from it.
Written by: Adegboye Omotayo Theophilus
Adegboye Omotayo Theophilus is a brand identity designer. He helps in re-branding and creating brand identity, positioning, brand message, tagline, visual asset, design, brand logo, brand story, and other brand promoting content. He is your best bet!
You can Contact him on: 08107664722
IG page: @Teedesign_plu
Teedesign and Teemedia
Copyright © 2020 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law.
For permission requests, contact the admin on [email protected], or WhatsApp/Text him on +2347036065752