9 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE OYO MONARCH WHO LIVED 141 YEARS: OBA SAMUEL AFOLABI, ONILUA OF ILUA
Oba Samuel Afolabi, the onilua of ilua was said to have passed on in the early hours of Saturday, 23rd of May, 2020 after a brief illness, related to old age.
Here are 9 things you should know about Oba Samuel Afolabi, the late Onilua of Ilua who lived 141 years:
- Oba Samuel Afolabi, the late onilua of ilua was born in 1879 during the reign of Adeyemi 1 of Alowolodu, who was the last independent Alaafin to rule the Oyo Empire.
- Little is known about Oba Samuel Afolabi, the late onilua of ilua’s younger years in the public domain.
- The late monarch; Oba Samuel Afolabi, the late onilua of ilua as reportedly a modest farmer, who traded his produce at Arigidana, Baba Ode in Itesiwaju Local Government Area before he was called to occupy the throne.
- Oba Samuel Afolabi, the late onilua of ilua ascended the throne after the demise of Oba Majaro in 1981 through the unanimous consent of the kingmakers.
- Oba Samuel Afolabi, was 102 years old when he became the king.
- Throughout his 39-year reign, the late Oba Samuel Afolabi, didn’t steal the spotlight but contributed greatly to the growth and development of Ilua land.
- His wife also died at a very old age. She died in 2007 at the age of 125.
- Oba Samuel Afolabi, the late onilua of ilua was the oldest known loving monarch throughout Oyo state and even Nigeria in his days.
- Oba Samuel Afolabi, the late onilua of ilua was survived by a daughter, Princess Felicia and many grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Copyright © 2020 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, contact the admin on email@example.com, or WhatsApp/Text him on +2347036065752