ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SKIN PURGING
Skin purging is a rare term and it is often thought to be skin breakouts. Because we care about your facial look and health on “My Woven Words”, the “Woven Fashion“ and “Woven Health” session of “My Woven Words” decided to tell you all you need to know about Skin Purging this week.
The term, Skin purging is known as the adjustment period when your skin gets temporarily worse from using a new product. Purging is an initial acne breakout that can occur when you’re starting a new active skincare product, one that causes your skin cells to turn over more quickly.
You can tell the difference between skin purging and breakouts because a proper purge generally occurs all over the face at once especially if you have recently introduced a new medicated treatment or undergone a skin treatment, whereas the usual breakout shows up randomly and individually if you have started a new skincare routine (non-medicated) or introduced new makeup. This could just mean that the items are not suitable for your skin and are aggravating the underlying acne process.
Also, Skin purging is more likely to occur in those who are more prone to breakouts in the first place, or someone going through an internal detoxification process such as diet or lifestyle change. Some people may also experience purging when they start to use a deep cleansing brush, such as the Clarisonic Cleansing Brush. Please note that the area where your skin is breaking out is also an essential factor to consider. Always seek expert advice if you’re unsure.
Products that contain active ingredients and those that increase your skin cell turnover rate may also cause skin purging. They include :
- Retinoids (including isotretinoin, retinol, retinyl palmitate, tretinoin, tazarotene, and adapalene)
- Hydroxy acids (such as malic, lactic, glycolic, lactobionic, mandelic, gluconolactone, and fruit acids)
- Exfoliants (such as enzyme exfoliants and scrubs)
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Chemical peels and other procedures such as microdermabrasion and lasers (ingredients used in or during these procedures)
Research has shown that products that do not contain these active ingredients will not cause skin purging.
Funny enough, Skin purging is actually a positive thing! To be honest, the pimples would have shown up eventually anyway, or the hardened sebum would have remained stuck in your pores, keeping them clogged and inflamed. If you are indeed purging, it’s best to stick things out and continue using the product because your skin WILL eventually go back to normal and even improve.
It’s just a case of things having to get worse before they get better.
A purge can last as long as two months, and you should start seeing an improvement by the six-week point, if not sooner. If it lasts more than two months, we suggest that you seek expert guidance.
We hope you found this post helpful.
Thanks for visiting My Woven Words. We are passionate about historical heritage and we are dedicated to supplying nearly extinct historical and cultural contents to the world on a platter of gold.
Support us on our quest with Your donations by clicking the donate button below
Copyright © 2019 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, contact the admin on firstname.lastname@example.org, or WhatsApp/Text him on +2347036065752
You May Also Like
- PROFESSOR (CHIEF) HON. NATHANIEL DUROJAYE (N.D) OYERINDE (OBE): THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR
- THE FEARLESS AND GALLANT AMAZONS OF DAHOMEY
- ALL ABOUT A TRIBE IN NAMIBIA; WHERE THEY OFFER SEX TO GUESTS
- UGANDAN BANYANKOLE TRIBE; WHERE BRIDE’S AUNT TEST-RUN GROOM’S POTENCY
- UNTOLD FACTS AND THE ORIGIN OF THE “ARE ONA KAKANFO” TITLE
- AJE OLOKUN – THE DEITY OF WEALTH AND MARKET PROFITABILITY
- BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP
- THE MYSTERIOUS AND MYTHICAL SOGIDI LAKE IN AWE, OYO STATE
- BIOGRAPHY OF (SIR) CHIEF (HON.) LAWYER, SAMUEL LADOKE AKINTOLA (GCON)