A RECIPE FOR NIGERIAN STEWED BEANS (EWA RIRO)
Nigerian Stewed Beans (Èwà Rírò) is a Nigerian Beans recipe made with Honey or Black Eyed Beans. Stewed Beans is quite similar to the popular Beans Pottage, the main difference being the addition of fresh pepper.
Today, on Woven Recipe we are supplying you with the knowledge you need to be able to prepare Nigerian Stewed Beans.
Now let’s get started!
You’ll need the following ingredients to prepare Nigerian Stewed Beans (Èwà Rírò)
INGREDIENTS FOR NIGERIAN STEWED BEANS
- 3 Cups Honey Beans
- 3 Cooking Spoons Palm Oil
- 2 Red Bell Pepper (Tatashe)
- 2 Tomatoes or 1/2 Can Plum Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Washed and Shredded Smoked Fish or Shawa
- 1 -2 Tablespoons Cayenne Pepper ( Ata gungun)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Crayfish Powder
- 2 Onions
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Maggi Crayfish
- Salt to Taste
Now since we have the ingredients listed above, let’s prepare our delicious Nigerian Stewed Beans (Èwà Rírò)!
PREPARATION OF NIGERIAN STEWED BEANS
1. Pick, then boil the beans on high heat with 1 chopped Onion, the Garlic Cloves and Salt to Taste. Boil till the beans become soft…
2. Blend the Bell Peppers, Tomatoes and half of an onion until smooth, then set aside…
3. While the Beans is boiling, place a saucepan on low to medium heat. Add the Palm oil. When the oil heats up, add 1/2 Chopped Onion and sauté till the Onions begin to caramelise, this should take 6-7 minutes.
4. Now, add half of the Crayfish powder, continue to sauté for a further 2 minutes…
5. Then add the Shawa or Smoked fish, Sauté for 2 minutes…
6. Then add the blended Pepper…
7. Now, add the Cayenne Pepper, the rest of the Crayfish and Maggi Crayfish..
9. After 10 minutes, transfer the Stew into the Beans…
10. Reduce the heat to low, stir and combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Now, leave to simmer for 3 minutes. Your Nigerian Stewed Beans is ready…
11. Enjoy with Plantain, Yam, Bread or Garri…
Source: Sisi Jemimah
Thanks for visiting My Woven Words. We are passionate about historical heritage and we are dedicated to supplying nearly extinct historical and cultural contents to the world on a platter of gold.
Support us on our quest with Your donations by clicking the donate button below
Copyright © 2019 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, contact the admin on firstname.lastname@example.org, or WhatsApp/Text him on +2347036065752