GUIDELINES (AUGUST EDITION)
TITLE: CARRIER OF CAREER (PART 1)
Warm welcome to the month of August. It is another opportunity to succeed in life.
The topic is a useful guide for every one of us either young or old. Carrier means a person or object that carries someone or something else. While a career simply means one’s calling in life; a person’s occupation; one’s profession. You will agree that the two words are not the same but the spellings and pronunciations are similar.
Carrier of career are the tools that can uplift your career in life. Different speakers have discussed career but none have explained to us what can carry our career to the eldorado. I will start with some now.
1. Get the code of your career:
No matter what you have read or known about your career. There is a code you need to get to unlock success in your career. The codes are the set of numbers of principles that can be of help to you. Many choose career without even understanding the nitty gritty of what they are doing. That’s why in your career you can easily see those who are successful and those who are not successful in the same career path. Some understand the code while others can’t decode and can’t even perceive there is any code somewhere.
- i. Update yourself with useful information about your career. Read about how people in other developed countries are doing the same thing you are doing here in this 21st century. I was editing a radio programme one day with Adobe Audition 1.5 version, a boss came and told me that the last time he used the same version was year 2000. Immediately I understood there are other new versions and from there I started using Adobe Audition CS 6 which is the latest. Please update your memory.
- ii. Associate yourself with successful people in your career. In a career where you need to build name, associate with popular and known figures in your career. You can achieve nothing in isolation. Not all of them will be ready to be your friend but you will always see humble ones to better your record.
- iii. Dress according to your career. Any dressing and symbolic tools that can promote your career should be taken seriously. Let people see the career in you wherever you go.
- iv. Aim higher, never relax on any achievement but try to aim higher and get better things.
- v. Never be afraid to make mistakes. Mistake gives you experience than any other person. Mistake means you miss it and take it again. If you don’t make mistake, how do you want to get it?
- vi. Don’t be afraid to stand beside and before anyone. Some people tend to be afraid when they see great men and women in their career in front of them. Don’t be afraid, do your own. They are not better than you, they only have chances. Stand and do what you know how to do with confidence. Even some of them will be eager to work with you. You are a star, don’t give anybody unnecessary advantage over you. One popular OAP and I became friends just because of this. I don’t mean you should be arrogant but make sure you value what you have.
- vii. Go extra mile. Try to figure out lacuna in your career and fill it with something palatable. People will never forget those that break record and set another one. To do this, do extra work. Awards are not given to anyhow people, they are for those that have done well in different fields.
In conclusion, I say don’t be too COLD to get the CODE.
We shall discuss the next carrier of career in the next edition.
From Superlight International Communications Network (SICON)
Thanks for visiting My Woven Words. We are passionate about historical heritage and we are dedicated to supplying nearly extinct historical and cultural contents to the world on a platter of gold.
Support us on our quest with Your donations by clicking the donate button below