A RECIPE FOR BURABISCO OR BRABISCO
Burabisco is a traditionally made couscous meal common to Northern Nigeria, especially in Maiduguri, Burabisco is loved and enjoyed by many.
Usually paired with spicy stew of meat and vegetables, its rich ingredients categorize it among luxurious dishes in the region.
- 1 cup of garri
- 1 cup of chopped vegetables
- A handful of Chopped Onions
- 1 cup of shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cooking spoons of groundnut oil
- Seasoning cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
HOW TO PREPARE BURABISCO
- Wash and season the shredded chicken with ginger, garlic and seasoning cube.
- In a pan, heat up the butter and groundnut oil and stir in the shredded chicken.
- Sprinkle the chilli pepper and taste for seasoning and add more as needed.
- Once the chicken has browned and is cooked, add the vegetables and stir in.
- In a separate bowl, add some tepid water to the garri and stir with a fork so it doesn’t form a solid mold.
- Pour in your chicken and vegetables into the bowl of garri and stir till properly combined.
Copyright © 2020 by My Woven Words: No part of this published blogpost and all of its contents may be reproduced, on another platform or webpage without a prior permission from My Woven Words except in the case of brief quotations cited to reference the source of the blogpost and all its content and certain other uses permitted by copyright law.
For permission requests, contact the admin on [email protected], or WhatsApp/Text him on +2347036065752
COMMENT; JOIN THIS CONVERSATION!