WHAT HAPPENED TO US 3 – ADEGBITE ARINOLA
Now I have no one
For all I have is you
But now you’re gone
I mean nothing to you
I’m just there as a bitter memory
Of which you’re trying hard to erase.
Does anything matter?
Back then, everything was depressing
But you strived to make it better .
Now we aren’t together anymore,
It all seems like the dirty old past
I belong to myself
And you will forever remain yourself .
Reminiscing on the past
I’ve been fooling myself
Relying on your words
That eventually tends to hurt
Every single word you said back then
Stayed longer than you the owner.
First day I cried over you,
I found out that you ain’t
mine to start with.
What happened to us?
By Adegbite Arinola
As a Poet, I don’t want anything but a place in everyone’s heart.
Love you all
FB: Arinola Adegbite
Gmail: [email protected]
Read more on her column: Poet Arin
You May Also Like
- THE FEARLESS AND GALLANT AMAZONS OF DAHOMEY
- BIOGRAPHY OF (SIR) CHIEF (HON.) LAWYER, SAMUEL LADOKE AKINTOLA (GCON)
- AJE OLOKUN – THE DEITY OF WEALTH AND MARKET PROFITABILITY
- ALL ABOUT A TRIBE IN NAMIBIA; WHERE THEY OFFER SEX TO GUESTS
- BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP
- UNTOLD FACTS AND THE ORIGIN OF THE “ARE ONA KAKANFO” TITLE
- THE MYSTERIOUS AND MYTHICAL SOGIDI LAKE IN AWE, OYO STATE
- UGANDAN BANYANKOLE TRIBE; WHERE BRIDE’S AUNT TEST-RUN GROOM’S POTENCY
- PROFESSOR (CHIEF) HON. NATHANIEL DUROJAYE (N.D) OYERINDE (OBE): THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR