BOWEN UNIVERSITY: SECURING THE FUTURE THROUGH ENTREPRENEURSHIP 01
Entrepreneurship is the act of creating a business or businesses while building and scaling it to generate a profit. However, as a basic entrepreneurship definition, it’s a bit limiting. The more modern entrepreneurship definition is also about transforming the world by solving big problems. The leaders of Bowen university knows this and they care so much about Bowenites which is the main reason why they organized a three day workshop with the theme; Securing the Future through Entreprenuership
Engineer Michael O. Oluwagbemi is Co-founder & Executive Partner at LoftyInc Allied Partners Limited (operator of the Wennovation Hub and LoftyInc Capital Management USA) and a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Electrical Engineering at Prairie View A&M University; Michael Oluwagbemi also earned a Masters Degree from the University of Houston, USA. He holds a Masters in Business Administration from the University of London. A licensed professional engineer in Texas, Michael previously worked at ExxonMobil & WorleyParsons Corporation. A rancher-farmer, Michael resides in Abuja, and enjoys swimming, golfing, reading and writing when he is not traveling and spending time with his family.
Engr. Michael O. Oluwagbemi talked about Africa’s Footprints in the digital age.
He mentioned the following points and more:
- People who follows the rules don’t make history.
- Not just being smart but be able to develop relationships to be successful.
- Technology is a force that takes what was once scarce and make it abundant.
- Questions you should ask yourself: How do I feed myself? how do I get job? how do I impact my society?
- In the Nigeria of the future, what is above our neck will be more relevant than what is below our feet.
- Innovation is not thinking outside the box, it is breaking the box.
By Johnson Okunade
I’m a Writer, Historian, Computer Scientist, knows about Management Information System, Blogger, Web Developer, Web Content Creator, Culture Activist, A Bowen University Student (Proudly Bowenite), and a friend-to-all. Feel Free to Contact me on Anything.
Facebook: Johnson Jakins
LinkedIn: Johnson Okunade
Fb Fan Page: Johnson Okunade
GooglePlus: Johnson Jakins
Call, Message, Whatsapp: 07036065752
Read More on my Column
You May Also Like
- THE FEARLESS AND GALLANT AMAZONS OF DAHOMEY
- AJE OLOKUN – THE DEITY OF WEALTH AND MARKET PROFITABILITY
- THE MYSTERIOUS AND MYTHICAL SOGIDI LAKE IN AWE, OYO STATE
- ALL ABOUT A TRIBE IN NAMIBIA; WHERE THEY OFFER SEX TO GUESTS
- BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP
- UGANDAN BANYANKOLE TRIBE; WHERE BRIDE’S AUNT TEST-RUN GROOM’S POTENCY
- UNTOLD FACTS AND THE ORIGIN OF THE “ARE ONA KAKANFO” TITLE
- BIOGRAPHY OF (SIR) CHIEF (HON.) LAWYER, SAMUEL LADOKE AKINTOLA (GCON)
- PROFESSOR (CHIEF) HON. NATHANIEL DUROJAYE (N.D) OYERINDE (OBE): THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR