Welcome to My Woven Words! You are on your path to discovering how to prepare a mouth-licking, palatable Nigerian recipe… You can and will prepare Banga Rice just by following simple steps.
INGREDIENTS FOR BANGA RICE
- Palm fruit extract – either made from scratch or in a can
- 1 Tsp Banga spices
- Crayfish (optional)
- Smoked fish
- Oburunbebe stick (optional)
- Beef stock
- Knorr cubes
- Chopped red onions
- Dry or fresh pepper
HOW TO PREPARE BANGA RICE
- Dissolve the palm fruit extract in enough water to cook the amount of rice you need.
- Add beef stock if you have, chopped onions, dry pepper, the Banga spices, the Obunrubebe stick, the smoked fish, crayfish, salt and seasoning cubes.
- Bring this to a boil until you see patches of oil float to the top.
- Taste to be sure you are pleased with the flavor, if not add to taste.
- Turn down the heat and go wash the rice.
- Add the washed rice to the pot
- The rice grains will cook and absorb the palm fruit broth.
- Let the rice cook till it gets soft.
- Serve immediately
You can serve with a small portion of Banga soup if you have and also serve with fresh fish and prawns