MY MOTIVATION – BY FARIDA UMAR
She is a modern woman, a feminist at best.
She is a fighter, a humanist to the core.
She believes in love, hope, peace and all the good things.
She gives the best advice, ‘Don’t let them make you feel less than you are’.
But she let’s them treat her as they deem fit.
She’ll show you how to fight and motivate you with her sweet words.
But she believes when they tell her she can’t do anything right.
She’ll tell you, ‘Don’t do drugs’ and beg you not to let the demons win.
But she succumbs to the will of the pills and let’s her demons win, with scars to show.
She’ll make you believe life is worth living.
She’ll tell you, ‘God’s love is worth living for’.
But she has lost all hope in the world and is about ready to leave.
You can say she’s a hypocrite and I’ll agree.
But I don’t agree when you say she doesn’t deserve our love because she can’t motivate herself the way she does others.
I have chosen to let her use me.
I will embrace her flaws, scars and demons.
I will be her motivation.
I will always be her reason to live.
Cos in the end I am all I’ve got.
By Farida Umar
Industrial chemist in the making
Proud feminist and weirdo
Read more in my column
You May Also Like
- AJE OLOKUN – THE DEITY OF WEALTH AND MARKET PROFITABILITY
- THE MYSTERIOUS AND MYTHICAL SOGIDI LAKE IN AWE, OYO STATE
- UGANDAN BANYANKOLE TRIBE; WHERE BRIDE’S AUNT TEST-RUN GROOM’S POTENCY
- ALL ABOUT A TRIBE IN NAMIBIA; WHERE THEY OFFER SEX TO GUESTS
- THE FEARLESS AND GALLANT AMAZONS OF DAHOMEY
- BIOGRAPHY OF (SIR) CHIEF (HON.) LAWYER, SAMUEL LADOKE AKINTOLA (GCON)
- BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP
- UNTOLD FACTS AND THE ORIGIN OF THE “ARE ONA KAKANFO” TITLE
- PROFESSOR (CHIEF) HON. NATHANIEL DUROJAYE (N.D) OYERINDE (OBE): THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR