You’re crushing this whole conflict resolution business.
1. Your partner has accused you of being a witch because you’ve texted them about picking up milk when they were ALREADY PICKING UP MILK. You are basically psychic in your ability to predict what your partner is about to do. You’re there before they even know they need you. You remind them about that meeting they have or that errand they’re supposed to take care of. They know you’ve had a shitty day based on a single text and are already at home with your favorite movie on.
2. You would miss the season finale of Scandal to be there for him. You would (and have) moved halfway across the country because one of you got a better job offer. You’ve canceled countless plans when your partner needed you. It doesn’t matter how it’ll affect your other relationships; you’ll figure that out later.
3. You’re always super punctual, so now your partner is (forced to be) too. Your strengths and weaknesses complement each other, turning you into a relationship superbeing with no weaknesses.
4. You don’t compete for the top spot in your relationship, because you don’t need to rank each other. It doesn’t matter who is earning more or doing more chores. You’re together because you love each other, and it’s the relationship that comes first.
5. You’re crushing this whole conflict resolution business. You don’t fight. You argue. There’s a difference. You have your moments of conflict, but it’s not crazy, angry, nonsensical screaming. You don’t storm out or fake break up. You still get mad at each other, but you stay constructive and you try to see your partner’s point of view when you don’t disagree.
6. You’ve merged your individual friend groups into one giant friend-orgy (the platonic kind). Everyone loves each other, and maybe a few of your friends have even dated each other. You like your partner’s friends, and they like yours. You don’t even use phrases like “your friends” or “my friends.”
7. You’ve had so many conversations about the future, you know you’ll never have an awkward “Uh … you don’t want kids?” conversation later. When he said he wanted kids, you both said, “Two!” in unison. It was sickeningly adorable.
8. You don’t freak out when you don’t hear from them during a busy work week, because you’ve got trust for days. If your friend Jessica’s shady boyfriend works late for a week, she assumes he’s cheating. If your boyfriend works late for a week, you send him a Starbucks gift card to keep him going and promise to catch up when he’s free.
9. He’s just as likely to plan a spontaneous weekend trip to a ruffle-covered B&B as you are. Your relationship is a team effort. You never feel insecure that he’s not trying because he loves planning a date night for you.
10. You don’t avoid a conversation just because you think the other person might get upset. Because, well, see no. 5. And you’re stronger than less bold couples for it.
11. You are so romantic that it makes your friends hate you out of nothing but sheer jealously. Seriously, your date nights are awesome, but more importantly, you’re not on social media rubbing it in everyone’s faces. You let your relationship speak for itself.
12. Your Instagram looks like a collection of vacation brochures. You always make the most of the time you spend together, and that quality time is on point.
By Cosmo Frank