Welcome To My Woven Words! You are on your path to discovering how to prepare, a mouth-licking, palatable recipe… You can and will prepare a rice pancake (sinasir), just by following simple steps..
- ½ cup (90g) soft rice
- ½ cup (60g) boiled rice
- ½ teaspoon yeast
- 1 small onion
- 1 Egg
- ½ tin Peak Milk
- Sugar (to taste)
- 2 pinches of salt
- Vegetable oil: for frying
Before you make Rice Pancakes
- Soak the soft rice with warm water over night or for at least 8 hours.
- Boil some rice that will be equivalent to cup boiled rice. I normally use left over boiled white rice for this.
- Cut the onions into tiny pieces.
- Add all the ingredients: the soaked rice, cooked rice, diced onions, salt, sugar, yeast, egg and Peak Milk into a blender.
- Add just enough water to help the blades of your blender move.
- Blend till smooth.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl, leave it in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Set a frying pan on the stove, preferably a non-stick frying pan.
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the pan.
- Once hot, pour some batter into the pan making sure it is as thin as possible.
- Fry on medium heat till the top cakes and the underside is golden.
- Flip to fry the other side till light brown.
Source: All Nigerian Recipes
Watch the video
COMMENT; JOIN THIS CONVERSATION!