A RECIPE FOR GROUNDNUT SOUP – GLORY GANDU
You are on your path to discovering how to prepare, a
mouth-licking, palatable recipe… You can and will prepare a groudnut soup also known as Meyan Geda in the Northern part of Nigeria. just follow the simple procedures below…
- Grounded groundnut (fresh)
- Palm oil
- Dry fish (optional)
- Onion, pepper
- Tomatoes(fresh) or processed (sachet)
- Onion leaf
- Meat stock
- Seasoning (salt, maggi) etc
- Goat meat (preferably)
1.Pour moderate amount of oil in a cooking pot.
2.Bleach oil for a few seconds and add salt to taste
3. Pour fresh or sachet tomatoes to fry on low heat.
4.Mix the grounded groundnut with little water or pour directly.
5. Pour the meat stock and add your seasoning (maggi, salt, pepper) to taste.
6. Allow to boil for 15 minutes on low heat.
7. Add Crayfish & dryfish(optional).
8. Put onion leaves when the water is about to start boiling & spinach after the soup is removed to avoid over cooking.
Groundnut soup can be eaten with semovita but mostly with tuwon shinkafa and also called Meyan Geda
By Glory Gandu
When it comes to Northern traditional recipe, I got you
Email: [email protected]