Welcome to My Woven Words and today on the food menu, we are going to be learning how to prepare crispy fried chicken. For those of you that knew about the trade fair that took place in Bowen University, Organized by Mass Communication students on 27th November, 2017, and you were opportune to taste crispy fried chicken by Dammy’s treat and since the, you’ve been wondering how I came about the great taste, here is the little secret
- Chicken: Fryer chicken, gives a better taste
- Butter milk: Mixture of vinegar and milk
- Flour: For coating
- Seasoning: Maggi, salt, chilli pepper, curry and thyme(is not compulsory),
- Soy Sauce: For taste and brownie
- Cornflakes: for coating
- Vegetable oil: For frying
You can decide to boil your chicken and you may not, especially when using fryer chicken because it’s very soft.
- If you want to boil: Boil the chicken for a little while with very little seasoning and if not, just rinse and set aside.
- Prepare your butter milk and soak the chicken with it.
- Leave it for 30 mins, so that the butter milk would reflect in the taste even after frying
- Then season the flour with maggi, salt, pepper and add little soy sauce.
- Drain your chicken, the dip in flour, pass it through beaten eggs
- coat it with cornflakes.
- Then fry on a low heat, till its golden brown
- After frying, drain the oil using tissue or sievette on a tray.
Trust me, you would crave for more. Give your family a treat with this great recipe and have a blissful weekend.
Also Read Recipe for Spagetti Meat Sauce by me: https://www.mywovenwords.com/2017/06/how-to-prepare-spaghetti-with-meat-sauce.html
Thanks for visiting My Woven Words
By Dosunmu Lydia Oluwadamiloju.
I’m a student of Bowen University in the department of mass communication. I’m slim but love to eat. That’s why i get so excited and fascinated in knowing more about foods, cake, pastries, drinks and anything that goes to the mouth.
My IG page is @cmojisola_.