- Come Closer(Wizkid ft Drake)-Come Closer made its debut release on 31st of March, 2017 and has been a remarkable hit single that has been able to climb charts in Nigeria. A track filled with multiple genre of music like afro pop, dancehall, carribean melody. According to African fact zone, Come Closer went Gold in Canada and hit 50million views on youtube. The hit single has been widely impactful even outside the shores of Africa. Come Closer earned this A’ list artiste a soul train nomination and a win at the AFRIMA awards and went silver in United Kingdom. It is a track off ‘’Sound from the other side ‘’album.
- IF( Davido)- DMW main man, Davido has been able to show how strong and independent he can be as an artiste on IF and his other smashing singles . Has it stands so far in 2017, IF stands as the music video with highest views in Nigeria with 54 million views this year. The production is a solid one that has been attributed to music his afro pop counterpart, Techno. Davido gave more dynamism by including local intonations like Lagbaja’s ‘’no do no do’’ and Tuface’s ‘’You know say nobody holy’’. IF has given the artiste the opportunity of bagging one of African’s finest award, AFRIMMA. IF earned greater respect when music icon,R Kelly made a cover for the song.
- WO(Olamide)- Few Critics have argued that 2017 has been the toughest year for Olamide but the artiste has been able to do a special thing every year and that is the ability to release hit single every year and continue to stay relevant. One may agree that ‘’Wavy level’’ may not prove encouraging for a pop sound but WO has been able to hit minds of every individual and hit every street station. Rumoured ban from NBC has not been able to reduce the credibility and has still enjoyed radio airplay till now. This hit single and it has proven to be one of 2017 best street hop music.
- Fall(Davido)- No doubt that 2017 has been one of the best years for Davido. His consistency in 2017 has been on a great level. Kiddominant made a solid production and Daps was great with the directing. The idea clearly depicts the message of the artiste. Fall has been one of the critically acclaimed singe of the year. Some listeners tag the hit single as ‘’IF remix’’ but it has been able to make award nomination and has been able to make great impact in 2017.
- Juice(Ycee & Maleek Berry)- Juice has been the most played song on Nigerian radio for 8 consecutive weeks. It was also the only song to move Davido’s ‘’IF’’ off the chart. It sat on iTunes chart replacing ‘’IF’’ and ‘’Come Closer’’ and it has also been one of the biggest single with the longest run on airplay in 2017. Juice is a track off the ‘’First wave EP’’. This track has not only improved Ycee ability as an artiste but has proven Maleek Berry to be one of the hottest artistes in 2017.
- Penalty( Small Doctor)- He has been able to give a steady consistency to his street hop style right from ‘’mosquito killer’’. He has earned domination radio play and major media outlet in the country. This song has further given him the opportunity to perform in music concerts. Every time this song is played; there is always a form of energy in the air. This song has not only been able to take wide attention from listeners but it has also been able to give an exact definition of what street hop music means. This growing style of sound majorly understands the minds of an average street listener.
- Iskaba(Wande Coal ft Dj Tunez)- After the release of the sophomore album, ‘’Wanted’’ in 2015,there has been follow up- singles that has been released by the afro pop icon but not as being massive as the song, Iskaba. This single did not only gain Wande Coal more attention this year but also did the same to Dj Tunez by earning Best African Dj USA in AFRIMMA.
- Joromi(Simi)- From being a newbie to be one of African best female artiste, Simi has continued to show her credibility. With her soft vocal tone, she has been able to show her musical strength. This single further gave the ‘’simisola’’ album strong anticipation. ‘’Joromi’’ climbed No.1 on Nigerian alternativemusic. The ‘’simisola’’ album has been able to reach the hype and has been one of 2017’s best album.
- Ponmile (Reminisce) –Every body of work delivered by Reminisce over the years have always been impressive. Most Reminisce fan has been attracted to his rap prowess with indigenous language. There has been no doubt that he has been one of Nigeian’s best indigenous Hip hop artistes. A soulful and subtle single like ‘’Ponmile’’ was probably not expected by the majority of music lovers and has gained the attention of more fans.
- Ma Lo(Tiwa Savage ft Wizkid)- Ma lo is track off ‘’Sugar Cane EP’’ and it has proven Tiwa Savage to be one of Nigerian’s finest female artiste. The influence of Wizkid on this track has paid off. Though released late in 2017, it has gained rapid attention from listeners immediately after release. Producer Spellz also is to be given credit on the remarkable production of the track. Ma lo top No.1 on apple music and itunes and the track has further proven the relevance of Tiwa Savage as a female artiste in 2017. She earned a nomination in MOBO 2017.
Do you agree with the list? if it is an Hell No; you can comment in the section below
entertainment, history and socio-economic matters. He has previously released
works like album reviews and content information. He is also a music critic and
analyst particularly on Nigerian music entertainment.
I’m quite certain I’ll learn lots of new stuff right https://bzp65.com/