Ingredients for Ogbono Soup cooked with Okra
- 2 handfuls Ogbono Seeds
- 200g Okra
- Assorted Meat and Fish: Beef, Shaki (cow tripe), Dry Fish, Stockfish
- 3 cooking spoons red palm oil
- Vegetable: Frozen Spinach (you can also use Pumpkin leaves or even Bitterleaf)
- 1 handful crayfish
- Pepper and Salt (to taste)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Stock cubes (Maggi/Knorr)
Before you cook Ogbono Soup with Okra
- Grind the Ogbono with a dry mill.
- Cut the okra fingers into tiny pieces. To achieve this, you need to make a few vertical cuts followed by horizontal cuts on the okra fingers.
- Cut the frozen spinach when it is not completely defrosted. It is easier that way. Then when completely defrosted, squeeze out the excess water.
- Cook the assorted meat with the stock cubes and onion. If you will use Shaki, remember to start cooking that first, then add beef when almost done.
- Grind crayfish and pepper.
- Boil some water and set aside.
Cooking Directions for Ogbono Soup with Okra
- Follow the cooking directions for Ogbono Soup till Step 9.
- Then add the vegetables, stir very well.
- Add the okra and stir very well. Cover and leave to heat up very well and it is ready.
Source: All Nigerian Recipe