Ingredients you need for Chicken Suya Salad
- 5 long pieces of Chicken Suya
- 1 teaspoon Suya Pepper (Suya Spice)
- 1 medium red onion
- ¼ small cabbage
- ½ a medium cucumber
- 1 plum tomato (Tomato Jos)
- I am not going to restrict you with quantities of the ingredients. Feel free to vary the quantities of the vegetables.
- See how to make the suya spice at the following link: How to make Nigerian Suya Spice.
- These vegetables are the vegetables that we eat Nigerian suya with. Feel free to remove the ones you do not like.
- Long pieces of Chicken Suya is advised for this salad so they can bend well in the arrangement. 🙂
Before you make the Chicken Suya Salad
- Rinse all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Cut the pieces of chicken suya into thin stripes with a width of about half an inch (about 1.5cm). Click the image on the right to see how I cut the ingredients.
- Cut thin strips of the cucumber along the fruit
- Cut the tomatoes and cabbage as shown in the image.
Arrange the Chicken Suya Salad
- Now that you have sut all the ingredients, the only thing left of to arrange the vgetables like petals as shown the in images above. Start from the edge of the plate and work your way to the centre of the plate.
- When done, sprinkle the suya spice on the salad.
- Refrigerate to chill before serving. You can also enjoy it warm. The way I love it is to chill the vegetables in the fridge before making the salad then use hot chicken suya. By the time you are done, the vegetables will still be cool while the suya will be hot. The combo of warm chicken suya and the cold/cool vegetables is great for my tastebuds! 🙂
- That’s it!