BABCOCK DECLARED A STUDENT WITH 4.90 CGPA OVER 4.91 CGPA AS BEST GRADUATING STUDENT
Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, has defended its decision to declare Alexandria Braie, the student with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.90 as best-graduating student over another student – Temitope Nwachukwu – who graduated with CGPA of 4.91.
Speaking on the controversial award, the Director of Marketing and Communications of the University, Joshua Suleiman, explained that the management of the school looks beyond academic performance in selecting its overall best students for the year.
He told the media: We look at the leadership quality of the student in addition to academic performance. We look at spiritual and social activities of the students. We also look at entrepreneurship activities of our students.
“We rate our students along those parameters to determine who gets the Vice Chancellor’s prize for the best-graduating student.”
Asked if the students were aware of these criteria, he said: “They are aware. It has always been there. It is a laid-down parameter.”
On whether the school has faced such a controversy, Suleiman simply said he could not recall
You May Also Like
- BIOGRAPHY OF (SIR) CHIEF (HON.) LAWYER, SAMUEL LADOKE AKINTOLA (GCON)
- UGANDAN BANYANKOLE TRIBE; WHERE BRIDE’S AUNT TEST-RUN GROOM’S POTENCY
- THE MYSTERIOUS AND MYTHICAL SOGIDI LAKE IN AWE, OYO STATE
- THE FEARLESS AND GALLANT AMAZONS OF DAHOMEY
- BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP
- ALL ABOUT A TRIBE IN NAMIBIA; WHERE THEY OFFER SEX TO GUESTS
- AJE OLOKUN – THE DEITY OF WEALTH AND MARKET PROFITABILITY
- PROFESSOR (CHIEF) HON. NATHANIEL DUROJAYE (N.D) OYERINDE (OBE): THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR
- UNTOLD FACTS AND THE ORIGIN OF THE “ARE ONA KAKANFO” TITLE